View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 05:07 AM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Dee - I would suggest that you search the file's and see what other owners have had problems with, I would do a walk through with the dealer you purchased from, even if it take's two days. Don't take delivery of the unit until all the problems are taken care of. Don't take delivery or take it off the lot for ""WE'll fix that in a week"" type of thing.
This way you get all the initial problems taken care of to your satisfaction prior to delivery. One thing I would double check the slide's and make sure they are adjusted correctly. I had no knowledge of this when we picked up ours and wish I would have taken the time so the slide's would have been properly adjusted prior to my leaving the lot. I think most Montana owners have really just found a lot of little things. On the slides after they are open go to the edge of the slide on the inside and see how far from the wall each side is. Mine had a difference of 1 1/2 inches, they should be even. There will be a lot of members that will have helpful suggesstions for you. A person has to shop around for the best deal they can make, and hold that dealer to their obligations of correcting the problems. You don't need to be making a three hour trip on a regular basis, make sure things are corrected before you finish signing the papers and take it off the lot.
Safe Travels JOhn OH WELCOME TO THE FAMILY..
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote