View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #20
ForBruce
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
I used the Level-Up hydraulic on the 3582RL. We had two blow outs on one trip. I was lucky both times. First time going to camp I noticed the tire smoking on the right side while on I-35 leaving Fort Worth. We were at a perfect on ramp that allowed me to set the jacks and raise it enough to change the flat. Took me only 30 minutes. Bought a new tire when we got to campsite and replaced the spare....

On the return trip home blew out left rear along with the skirt on the exit ramp off I-35 to George Bush Interstate. Sounded like a shotgun going off in the back seat. Scared the crap out of my wife. It was another perfect spot as we slowed to pull over there was an extra wide on ramp coming on to the highway that we stopped on. I finished ripping off the skirt that was dragging, used the Level-Up to raise the Montana and changed the flat. I felt lucky to make it the other 40 miles to the house. I put new Sailun's on before I would move it again.

The hydraulic Level-Up is made to raise the Montana safely. You have to make sure you are on a somewhat level ground. A little common sense goes a long way in an emergency situation. You could not do it safely if the right side is off the shoulder but when on a level spot then use it.
i know people use the hydraulic system to lift up... will the electric version handle the full lift just as well i wonder
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote