View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 04:09 AM   #6
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I bought the set that had the 2 side marker and the shark fin camera in the rear with the larger monitor too. As stated, they honestly are not all that useful. I do occasionally use them when changing lanes or making tight turns or in when backing into a site on the blind side. I find I don't use them as much as I thought I would. It has a "4-up" view that shows the rear and both sides along with a view for the over the door camera, which I do not have. Only problem is that the monitor will only stay on that view for a short while, then it reverts back to the rear view, which I guess is the default. It's odd, I can put it on any other single camera view and it will stay until I change it, but put it on the all cameras view and it will only stay for a few minutes before changing back to the rear. I read somewhere that this is by design, just not sure why. I think it would be much more helpful if I could see the full view around all the time and only switch to a single view when I need a better look.
I really do like being able to see vehicles approaching from the rear while driving. It has also scared the bejesus out of me when sleepy tractor trailer drivers come into my lane half way as they approach.
Just my $.02.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote