View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 09:19 PM   #28
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
[QUOTE=dfb;1193047]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
They tried to blame you for filling it above half? I dont' see where it states only to fill the tank to one half.. The Brochure states it's a 50 gallon tank.. In reality it is a 48 gallon... So, would I get two I inch steel straps also??
We filled the third tank at the dealer's shop right in front of them. It failed before it was full. That's when they said what they did to make it look like our fault. Then we took it to an RV repair shop who fixed it properly. My buddy went with the original style glued two piece but it is maintaining so far. They moved the brackets the tank hangs on closer to the body of the tank. It still isn't installed how the tank manufacturer says but...

Supporting the tank from the bottom helps greatly. When the tank fills, it sags, and that is what pulls the top and bottom of the two piece tanks apart. Straps or angle iron will help. Just depends on how each rig is made.