View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #5
8amps
Established Member

M.O.C. #19940
Hi Thanks for the info. We got the rig and did a very thorough PDI and stayed two days at a campground nearby to try everything out. We had a Heartland Bighorn before so it's not our first fifth wheel, but first new one and first Montana and a lot on the old one, we learned the hard way.

We are full-timers, based in Nevada but currently in Houston, TX for a few more weeks.

We brought it back Monday to dealership, they fixed most everything on our list. So far, we love it. Quite a bit less storage in the kitchen BUT we got the mid-bunk which I am LOVING as my office so it's been a good trade-off.

I will make another post, but so far all is good (4 days in) except for two things: our slide button on the opposing Living Room slides (hydraulics) stays deployed when you let go, I have to manually move it to the neutral position. I noticed this and the dealership said they replaced the switch, but it still does that. The other thing is we got a fair amount of water (1 cup or more) that came out of the bedroom AC. I noticed it dripping in our 2 test nights, and the dealership removed the AC, resealed the vent box (I have pictures if anyone wants to see) and said that would solve that. However, once we got to our next stop and set up (and turned on the air), a bunch of water drained out. Hasn't done it since and it was raining on our trip back to Texas - is this normal or not? We didn't have bedroom AC in previous 5er.

In the meantime, I LOVE THE AUTOLEVEL!!!!

Thanks for the welcome and we look forward to being part of this forum and the MOC. We loved the forum and rallies with Heartland (cousins through Thor, I guess). Really enjoying some of the new features on our 3950BR that our Bighorn didn't have.

Mary & Phil
8amps is offline   Reply With Quote