Thread: Shiftless
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Shiftless

It was a snowy day in town, icy, miserable roads but I had to go get a 3/4" sheet of treated plywood and some carriage bolts for a walk-in cooler I was repairing.
I engaged the 4 wheel drive and started off to Lowe's, I accidentally turned the selector switch to 4 wheel low, then switched over one position to 4 wheel high, when I got down the hill and on the country road, it was stuck in 4x4 Low... Bummer. I tried to switch it to high, or just off, but no go.
I drove slow the 2 miles, got the supplies and drove back, it wouldn't switch off 4x4 Low. I called the dealership and talked to a service manager. When asked if this could have had anything to do with the recent recall work, he said no, but bring it in Monday when the tranny guys will be there.
I had committed myself and Sue to the job, had to take my Plasma cutter, compressor, plywood, cooler wall section and tons of tools, as I was working on over town removing equipment making room for new.
I stopped down the hill, turned the switch back and forth maybe five times in neutral, and it 'un-stuck'.
Anyone else had this problem? 2008 4x4 Ford Super duty 3/4 ton.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote