View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Hi Jenny and Kraig - I own a small mobile home park in Kansas where the weather in the winter is unpredictable very windy and cold. I have had two larger 5th wheels staying here over the winter. One didn't skirt to start with and one skirted with in the same week he parked. Both had their furnaces converted to natural gas at the park site. Both were simular in design and insulation. The first Month the one that had not skirted had two freeze ups and a natural gas bill of $150.00 dollars more that the unit that was skirted.

After he skirted the unit with the two inch stryofoam from the Hardware store the heating bill went down to normal and neither had any further freeze ups all winter long.
I hope this helps you.... I think the stryofoam 2" insulation came in 4X8 sheets and one sheet made two maybe three sections. They got the stuff from Lowe's or Home Depote. These folk's where in construction working on I-70 between Kansas City and Topeka.
I hope this information helps you.... There is no fun when the temps are below freezing and your under the unit trying to thaw things out...
Safe Travels John H

2005 Dodge 3500 4x2 Dually Cummins Diesel, Line X /2005 Montana/""MOC TRAVEL ASSISTANCE VOLUNTEER"" ""TOPEKA, KANSAS AREA"" 3650RK
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote