View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 07:35 PM   #41
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
Mlh, The duramax has a Denso fuel system since 2017 with the l5p motor. I think GM got tired of blown up CP4 fuel pumps.

Fare warning to all Ford guys, Ford still uses the CP4 pump which is known to explode and destroy the entire fuel system in the process.

If I am not mistaken, Dodge has now gone from the CP3 to the CP4 pump on the newer trucks.
I think I can add some more information to the CP4 fuel pump. I had a 2015 but never had any problems. In the Chevy I added diesel fuel treatment which added lubrication to the pump. In the fords, Ford decided to use a coating on the fuel pump to help it from the lack of lubrication. I’m sure at some point they will all go out but doing my research this is what I found out.
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote