View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
klandry
Established Member

M.O.C. #7783
Maiden Voyage 3400RL

Well we finally picked up our Montana about a month ago. It arrived with a three foot crack in the "wood" header in the kitchen. The microwave door had spiral scratches on the surface. That upsets me because I'm always windexing my appliances to remove finger prints and daily spots. The dealer fixed the header and said they replaced the microwave door but the "new" door still had the "same" spiral scratches. I do believe however that he believed that the service department had made the replacement but I knew better. What are those bulges in the side wall of the camper? Take some pictures to send to Keystone. Whoops! The ladder in the back is detached and there is a rather large dent in the rear side panel. Apparently a bucket loader in the lot next to where our camper was parked was used to clear snow in the parking lot. A bucket of icy snow was heaved on top of the existing pile, tumbled down the bank into our camper. More repairs needed. Oh yeah! Some how our keys to the camper are missing so we are given a master key until they can get another lock.

Now to our maiden voyage. We took "Babalu" (our 3400's name - pulled by "Lucee" a Silverado 3500 dually) on a maiden voyage this weekend. We're sort of on our 4th DVD player. The first quit after using it at home 2 times. The dealer borrowed one from another unit and shipped it to us. It arrived with a loose heat sink rattling around in the case. My husband pealed off the do not remove sticker and repaired it. The dealer isn't far from where we intended to camp so we stopped in there on the way as a new improved model DVD and our new lock had arrived for us. On that DVD, the surround sound didn't work and everything in the picture was a shade of blue so we went back to the borrowed one and are now awaiting the 5th but new and improved DVD.

My husband talked to the dealer about replacing the liners for all the lower level compartments as they were loose and misshappen. Also the decal is peeling on the front. Place those parts on order. Okay off to the camp ground.

Let's warm up the leftover beef sandwhichs we had for supper last night in the microwave oven. Nope! That didn't work. Eat them cold. But at least now we can now relax in our recliners. Comfortable but it's time for a stroll so put down the foot rest and let's go. What's this in my hand? The lever for the foot rest and the mechanism is so stiff that the recliner is now fully extended and won't retract.

We drove back to the dealer in the AM leaving the camper at the campground. It was a weekend and we didn't expect there to be any service people on hand and there wasn't except for one guy who had stopped in to change his motorcycle oil. He graciously agreed to return to the camper to make repairs to the microwave and recliner. We now have the new microwave that the dealer thought had been installed earlier. The recliner still isn't fully repaired because the metal bar that the handle attaches to is misshappen. That's on order.

Are disappointed? No! Luckily I've read about all these problems (well not the missing keys) on this web site and because of all the very helpful members, we were expecting these units to fail. By the way, also thanks to this site, we ordered and had installed the JT Stabilizers and the 4 inch foam mattress.

We're back home now awaiting new parts. We love Babalu. We have also been very lucky that our dealer has been so helpful.
klandry is offline   Reply With Quote