View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #14
Justme44
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18168
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bshgto

I`ve been reading about RV refrigerator fires for some weeks now after I saw another post on the subject on another forum. And here is another. Now I`m just a bit paranoid about the whole subject. I've ordered the ARP and will order The Halon fire extinguisher before the beginning of next season. My refrigerator has the recall mod already done. And according to ARP this is just a band aid on the problem. The real problem is people using their refrigerator out of level even by just a little bit, like in the overnight in the Walmart parking lot of which I am guilty or going down a long mountain pass, or parking in a restaurant out of level parking lot to eat dinner for and hour. If you read all the information on ARP`s web site you will see just how easy it is to over heat the unit, cause damage and potentially start a fire. 3 degrees one way or 6 degrees the other way isn`t much and again Murphy`s law applies to this. I feel bad for this fellow that had a fire but why did the fire start, over the limits of level I suspect for to long or to many times like me now that I think of all the crazy places I`ve parked temporarily with the refrigerator on gas. The first hiccup my refrig has it`s coming out and the Samsung unit will go in and put up with the all electric hassles that a small inverter system with 6 volt batteries will solve.
BSHGTO .... what is the ARP you refer to? Is there a way to stay off gas and only use elec when on the road? I found their web page. My Dometic RM2652 states I don't have to be level but just 'feel' like a good level. Remember my unit is a vintage 2000, I wonder how long they last.
Dennis
Justme44 is offline   Reply With Quote