View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #26
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Well, we have the Walmart Addiction. We buy many things from them because they are less expensive, mind you some are cheaper also. We try not to buy meats or fish from them, however, I am the only one in our house that eats meat, other than fish, so a little now and then is OK. Since stomach surgery, I am not quite the connoisseur as I used to be, so no big deal. I do not buy shoes from them as I feel my feet and back are more important. We do buy most of our staples there, printer inks, $5 movies, some clothes, some other things. They are convenient for travellers. Once we settle down we will have more time to compare prices and goods with Safeway, Fry's and other local stores. I think Walmart does a lot of good for folks, that might not otherwise find a job. I sometimes get frustrated at the check out counter with some of these folks, but at least they are trying to support themselves. I would rather buy from locals to support them, but the folks that work at WM are locals also, so aren't we supporting the locals by buying there?
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote