View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Michael,
Do some research on the wind sensors. The awning on our MH has wind sensors, but they are built into the end of the awning. The sensors can be set for little (can't remember the low end) to 18 MPH winds. (edited - no anemometer that I can find, unless that little sensor is the anmometer.)

There are a lot of pro's and con's about wind sensor awnings. What it boils down to is; when they work, they are great, but when they don't work, you still loose your awning. So the question then becomes, do you leave your awning down when you are away from the RV, or do you put it up? There is a separate thread on that subject.

Sometimes the wind sensor ones will activate with a little puff of wind, and sometimes they may not activate with a large puff of wind. I guess it matters on the direction of wind, what may be blocking the wind, etc. The electric awning is great. Push a button to extend, push a button to retract, all with nice smooth action. As for an outlay of cash for a wind sensor to add to an existing awning - well, I'd rather have a 12 pack of Shiner Bock! Then I just get up and push the button.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote