View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Tom,

Depending on what model Montana you have -

I followed Ozz's lead - Our 3400 has an electrical void above the washer/dryer closet (behind the panel in the bathroom). Cables easily dropped into there from the roof, then routed down inside the wall to the inside step - then to the belly, entertainment slide...as you have stated. The roadtrip is a dual LNB, so I ran two cables for the entertainment area. We'll put a dual tuner receiver in there to run both TVs independantly.

Interesting - that's where the toggling comes in. Only one cable from the antenna allows toggling between satellites, the other cable cannot toggle. You can watch independent channels through the tuner, but the front TV will decide which satellite (110 or 119). It's the only logical design Winegard could have used, or each TV would fight with the other for satellite control. Winegard has a licensed switch software for both Dish and Direct TV. When you run "checkswitch" on your reciever, it will find the Winegard switch and assume you have reception through both satellites, even though it can only see one at a time.

I used one of the spares in the 12V panel and ran a new 12V circuit down the wall to the Montana wall switch panel and added the new switch.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote