Thread: TPMS Question
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 01:57 PM   #12
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Gubs I've used various products that "stop leaks" etc. in motorcycles, tractors, 4x4s etc. with varied results - usually not worth the effort.

If I were you I would call TST vs writing them. I've always had great results via phone. I figure there are lots of things that can/will happen to an RV tire that that stuff won't do a thing for. I would far prefer the multiple benefits of the TST system vs that anti leak mess. And, I figure no matter what the manufacturer of it says it will cause issues with the TST system. I've not used anything capable of stopping a leak that wouldn't also clog up everything else.

My next question would be "what in the world is a dealer doing putting that stuff in brand new Sailun tires on a brand new Montana"? IMO that should be something that the new owner has a say in. I would tell them to remove the tires, put new clean Sailuns on and save those filled with goop for someone that wants them. JMO/YMMV
What are the odds one or more tires have a leak so that is how the dealer 'fixed' it.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote