View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 12:57 PM   #7
Tjack10154

M.O.C. #21315
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Welcome aboard. I'm sure by raising the jacks a couple inches it can really bind the Strongarms and really tighten the stability. I have only a 4 point leveling system so I wouldn't struggle with the center jack issue.

However, I'm not sure why it's actually necessary to lift the additional 2" after set up. I know my instructions said to bump up the jacks a little to better tighten the stabilizers but I've found that I don't even need to do that.

When I installed my Strongarms I made sure that every connection was as tight as I could make it that still allowed for it to operate. Once I'm set up and level I just tighten the thumb turns and that's it. It feels quite stable inside without further adjustment.
Hello

Yea a shorter camper would not move as much or need a 6 point leveling system.

I use my remote and bump up the jacks until they are just tight. If you notice the baseplates on the jacks twist a little along with the slack in the bolted connections cause me to have to bump up a few times. Also, if the site is unlevel and the front is high off the ground, this will cause even more play in the JT Strong Arms. Sometimes, this can be quite a bit. And not every time do i need to raise the middle jacks.

Heck, every time I setup at a different campsite every adjustment is different. Just my 2¢.
Tjack10154 is offline   Reply With Quote