View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #1
GHallof
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25098
Critters Critters Critters - Wires Chewed

Hello All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to give me an idea of what I am in for. I have a 2017 3661 RL. Bought used a couple of years ago. We love it. Parked for the winter about a month or so ago. Yesterday I went out to prep for use over the holidays. Its nice to have a couple of spare bedrooms around when you need them.

When I went to use the LEVEL UP system I immediately received an error. "External Sensor". Researched and found that this is either due to a bad rear leveling sensor or a short in the wiring to it. Thought this a bit odd, as all was working fine just a short while ago.

Opened the basement, and what do ya know...BLACK WALNUT shells galore.
Damn tree rats. UGH

So no doubt its more than likely a chewed wire. Looks like the harness runs bettween the basement floor and the coroplast then along the frame between the floor and coroplast thru the main section i would imagine while it heads to the rear.

So I know Im going to have to drop the coroplast under the basement, and then under the main section until I find the break. I also plan to check all wiring and plumbing behind the basement wall just for good measure.

I would like to hear from others that have done something similar. What is the smart way to go about this. No matter how you slice it. It looks to be a bit of a job and would appreciate the advice of others. Trying to work smarter not harder.

Oh...to anyone that does respond. THANK YOU!! Much appreciated.

Merry Christmas...Happy New Year...Safe Travels
GHallof is offline   Reply With Quote