Thread: 3670 price
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #16
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
When you go to sites like RV direct and RV wholesalers you see this 40% markup for yourself and it helps you to be a better buyer. The old saying "let the buyer beware certainly applies to RVs because if you let an RV dealer do it , he will skin you alive.

I got a good price from a US dealer and I found a Canadian dealer to match it. This price was 9000 below another dealer's rock bottom price. How do these guys sleep at night. Most of us are working people and 9000 dollars is a lot of money. I feel sorry for people who trust salesmen. Another gem when you see an RV with an undersized Tow Vehicle, " The salesman said it would be fine. " or the salesman says you don't need it. I am the one who will decide if I don't need it and I have been buying new pickups for 30 years and I know all about GVWR and GVCR and a few years ago someone was selling good sized Fifth wheels with a logo on their brochure that stated , "built to be pulled by today's half tons." What a joke! and I don't see that on the brochure anymore but how many misinformed people cooked thier trannies or overheated their engines because they were gullible enough to believe the crap some people spread around. Take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote