View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 07:06 PM   #16
Kfinnert
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32153
Good afternoon -

I am going to jump in with another consideration for a switch to lithium. What amount of power do you want to store - I wanted at least 600Ah of storage capacity, where do you want them to be placed in the trailer - mine went into the basement, and what do you want to pay - I wanted to stay around $5k?

I spoke to AM Solar in Eugene Oregon, and we settled on the LifeBlue Low Temp 12V300Ah D-LT. I bought two for my 2008 Montana 3665RE. The batteries fit perfectly in my basement - there is room for two additional, which I will add this summer. They are close to the on-board generator and charge very well.

The initial rationale for choosing LifeBlue was that they were the vendor that offered 300Ah batteries in the footprint I desired whereas Battle Born had either 270Ah batteries in the size I desired; or one with higher Ah than the 300Ah LifeBlue in a battery with a larger footprint. The smaller footprint allows for two additional 600Ah batteries!

LifeBlue kept me under the $5k upper limit I had set too! So far, the LifeBlue's have been very dependable and work like a champ.
Kfinnert is offline   Reply With Quote