Thread: No cold water
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 12:20 PM   #1
Slobodnic

M.O.C. #32234
No cold water

Hi,

We have a 2022 MHC 377 FL and we decided to test camping in cold weather here in Utah to make sure everything works before the warranty runs out. We filled yesterday the fresh water tank about 2/3 and disconnected everything from the campground water, turned the tanks heaters on, and turned the gas furnace on, keeping the inside temperature around 73 F for the whole night.
Last night the temperature got down to 6 F. When I woke up at 6:00, the cold water was not running, although the hot water was still working.
This morning, I reconnected the water hose to the camp water and turn it on for a short period of time and it started working again.
I peeked at the water tank through a couple holes in the frame and the tank does not show any signs of ice or frost on it, but I was surprised to see the whole tank exposed (I was expecting it would be covered in the heat blanket or at least insulated somehow).
At this point the water is working inside the camper but the water tank release valve is still frozen and the low point faucet in the connection bay is still not working.
Any thoughts on how we can prevent the same thing from happening again? Also, is it expected for the tank to be exposed like that? Has anyone run into this issue before and how did you address it?
Slobodnic is offline   Reply With Quote