View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
To those wanting the vaccine but still on a wait list. We signed up on our county list (that covers our closest town of 200,000) and on a nearby town nearly as large list about 6 weeks ago. We keep getting updates but no shot invites.

Spoke to a friend last week. She is one of those people who stays in touch with a large circle of friends and seems to always know anything and everything going on. She said to contact pharmacies in all the surrounding small towns as she knew several people who got the shots at those.

So googling pharmacy and the town name of several nearby towns of maybe 5,000 people or less, I signed up on 4 different pharmacy wait list. Two days later I get an email from one (actually the smallest town of maybe 2,500). “Would you like the Moderna or J&J vaccine.” I replied with my preference. “I can schedule you at 3:30 Saturday”. So we are now scheduled for this coming Saturday at the small pharmacy after waiting 6 weeks for two large scale vaccine centers to get us in.

Makes no sense why it is so available in the small pharmacies when the large vaccine centers seem overwhelmed. Even my doctor can’t get the vaccine.

Something to try for those still waiting.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote