View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #38
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Well the devil is in the details. I was only talking about the larger size lines because I have lots of it and the benders and such to make a really clean layout. The tubing we use is nearly bullet proof. The only REAL issue I can see is if they use standard threads for the fittings on the brakes themselves and the pump/actuator. If they do I can easily convert to Parker fittings (or in the case of the flex lines on the brakes SST hydraulic fittings). All I need to do is see a setup or talk to someone who knows such plumbing well and has the disc brake system already. It really isn't that complicated and will allow an exact fit with no slack setup (because you can bend the lines however you want and cut the tubing to exact length). I think once you see the it installed you would say "dang that looks professional".

BUT if the fittings on the brake components are not NPT then I won't bother. I will just use what the mfg. sells and ball up the excess line wherever or I suppose if it has flare fittings I will pull out one of my old flare tools even though I hate those old school fittings.

I should mention that I always carry some of this tubing around and make all sorts of stuff out of it. I have a fire poker/awning puller and it is so strong that I made hooks that I use with ratchet tie downs for the kayaks (fits down between bed and cab where ya cant reach your hand and no hooks)! I am looking at making some bike front tire chocks as well.....
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote