View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 11:15 PM   #6
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
Hey Folks,

Our MHC is about 2.5 weeks old and with the whole country basically shut down, I have been spending a lot of time going over the new MHC with an extremely fine toothed comb. Today was check all the coaxial cables for fitting related issues.

I had a 37 year career in the TV Cable business so coaxial fittings are an OCD thing of mine. Pulled the KeyTV Multi Source Controller out from the utility bay and removed the fittings, one at a time, for inspection. Out of the 5 fittings, only one was "made-up" somewhat properly.

Moral of story: If you are having issues with poor TV reception, pixilation (tiling), or channels dropping out, especially when you know the source is good, you really need to take a look at all the coaxial connectors.

As you can see, 4 out of 5 fittings had the center conductor waaaaaay to short. The center conductor should protrude beyond the fitting by 1/8".
You would not believe the months we have been trying to get an answer to this KeyTV system. Camping World has replaced the KeyTV box, antenna and both TV's and we still can't get OTA channels. We will look at the connections like you have shown and see if finally we have a solution.
greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote