View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 04:36 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Our OEM TV was an Insignia. (Our RV was manufactured mid-November 2017, and we bought it at the Fort Worth RV Show January 2018). The picture quality was fine. I found it easy to program and operate. We never had any issues with the TV - but over the holidays I bought a Samsung Smart TV with the intent to stream with it in the future. I got it mounted a few weeks ago and frankly I have not even turned it on yet. We are stuck at home (willingly) until we get our covid vaccines. The Insignia will go to a local Goodwill store. We have a very nice LG in the S&B, but Samsung has some apps that we can not get on the LG, and we have had Samsungs before.

We used a Dish Tailgater and a ViP211Z black box currently. I bought a Wally receiver on sale over the holidays...haven't taken it out of the box yet. Our Tailgater never worked with the OEM coax and splitters - so installed a direct coax to the Dish black box thru the slide out loom. I used to run the cable thru the window - now I can hook onto the coax sticking out of the slideout loom. I also bought a Bose Solo sound bar that sits behind the TV. We do not use the built-in OEM speakers for TV watching. We have used the OEM stereo/DVD player many times to watch DVDs with no issues. The only criticism I have is that the am/fm radio is useless. We listen to lots of am talk radio. The lack of a good radio has been a big disappointment, but is apparently an industry standard these days. The radio in our 2011 Jayco and our 2017 Laredo also were useless. The radios in our 90's models Alpenlites and Sportsmen worked great - but they had external antennas.

The Insignia tv in the bedroom has been good, and we do not intend to replace it. Our antenna reception and cable hookups at campgrounds has worked very good with the OEM coax wiring and splitters.

Thanks for asking!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote