View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #52
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyride View Post
In our state the posted height is roughly 3 to 4 inches lower than the actual height (according to the Motor Carriers Road Atlas 2020). Not sure why that is, maybe for winter driving (snow load). Why don't you check with the Montana DOT to see if they have the actual clearance height. I'm sure if they have had some problems at that location they would be up to date with the actual height. We were up there a couple of years ago, if I remember correctly they were capping some sections of that road then. My garage opening is 14 feet and it is level going into the garage. I verified the garage opening height and parked the 5th wheel under it and measured the difference then did the math.
I ask the RV park about the DOT data, they not only confirm the posted height with them but it was also physically measured during the planning and permitting process of the RV park which is new, they were firm that the 13'6" was accurate and verified 3 times. However that is not to say they are not telling us about a couple extra inches that may exists so people do not try and get higher rigs under.

Since I have new Ram 3500 Tomorrow I pick up the 5er from the dealer (warranty work) I am taking the laser and 14' of PVC 1" pipe and measuring the height again. I was at 13'5" (Leveled with airbags at 60lbs) with our previous 2011 F350 will be interesting to see if the newer truck changes anything.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote