View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 04:42 PM   #1
jlemon
Established Member

M.O.C. #21912
Curious Question - Black Tank

I work on the road and live in my camper 365 days a year. I am often parked in the same location for months sometimes years. And so every time I dump and rinse my black tank I often wonder.

Has anyone even installed a macerator between the toilet and the black tank? Is this even possible? Why don't rv's come equipped with them to begin with?

The dreaded poop pyramid, sensors covered in toilet paper, or those lingering turds that refuse to leave would be a thing of the past.

I have tried products like Unique RV Digest-IT Holding Tank Treatment and the sensor cleaner. I have used the lame rinse sprayer installed by the factory, the gimmicky wands that you stick in the toilet, and the flush kits that attach after the valve. All these products have work with marginal results. I know there are macerating toilets on the market, but they cost a bloody fortune.

With all of the technology out there for everything under the sun, why has there not been advancement in the one feature that everyone uses on a daily basis?
jlemon is offline   Reply With Quote