View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 08:36 AM   #57
Pocketlake1
Established Member

M.O.C. #18705
Replacing tires

This post was timely for me. Getting ready for a trip to Montana from FL and need new tires. I have Goodyear Endurance and no issues other than not getting many miles out of the set. Realize they have only 11/32 tread new. About 8000 miles and they have less than 4/32 remaining. That’s option 1 to replace with the same

Option 2 had been Sailuns due to many posts about reliability but this is 2nd recent post about Sailun failure so losing confidence. Don’t need a Vietnamese bomb. Also they are rated for 110 psi while my wheels are rated for 80. One common thread has been tire failure due to under inflation. A Valid concern to have 110 tires and only inflate to 80? I currently run 75psi on the ST235/80R16 and only drive 60 so have had no issue. I take longer to reach my destination but good mileage and peace of mind. And the tires are only rated for 60mph.

Option 3 for me are LTs and concern there is clearance between tires and also top of tire to floor. Right now I have 5” between tires and 3 1/2” from tire top to floor
Is that valid and any other concerns I should have? The distance between axles is 35”.

Our rig is is a 2015 High Country HM318RE.

Appreciate anyone’s insight. Thanks. Ken
Pocketlake1 is offline   Reply With Quote