View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 08:02 PM   #58
LERD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy E View Post
Lerd,

I'm a big believer in extra fuel tanks. I use TransferFlow 75 gallon tank in the bed. I have a dually diesel 4x4, and can leave my home in western PA, (not far from Akron) and make it to Disney World Orlando FL. without filling up. I'm on fumes when I arrive, but I know my limits. No better peace of mind than knowing you can fuel up when you want to, and not when you have to. I can always get a better price on fuel by looking on gasbuddy app and saving money. I usually fill up once we get to the campground and are unhooked. It's much easier this way. 109 gallons of fuel is fantastic. No need to stop unless you want to. The fuel transfers automatically and my fuel gage is always correct.
Before COVID, the wife and I would meet our friends from near Clarion in Hermitage about once a month. That was our half-way point. Or close enough anyway. When you can, get some good Italian food in Sharpsville at Muscarella's. I was checking out external and replacement tanks the last few days. I noticed that you can't use gravity feed on gasoline. It's a simple enough fix by adding a return line and vapor hose with a powered fuel pump. But, it's one more possible failure point. Just more decisions to mull over this coming year. One thing that crosses my mind when I think of extended fuel tanks is being able to fuel in PA, and making it to Maine without any NY, CT or MA fuel taxes!
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote