View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #55
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Anderson Hitch Letter

Montana Owners:
I continue to read owners making aggressive comments about Keystone due to the Anderson hitch letter.

The stance and situation on the Anderson hitch is no different for any manufacturer using a Lippert frame. So the situation is the same for Jayco, Forest River, Grand Design, Alliance..........

The difference is that prior to the letter, there may have been communication from Keystone employees that the Anderson hitch was approved. The letter was to "officially" notify all Keystone dealers that the Anderson hitch is not approved by Lippert.

And because statements that may have been made by Keystone employees, in the letter Keystone states "Fifth wheels affected by the use of the Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel connection goose neck adapters installed prior to March 15, 2021, follow the normal process to receive warranty consideration". They will not be excluded from warranty.

Keystone is not excluding their customers that installed the Anderson hitch prior.

This situation reminds me of when "chips" were the popular thing to add to your new truck for additional performance. Truck owners quickly found out that adding a chip might void their engine warranty. Due to the engine was not tested to perform with the changes the chip made.

I wanted to hopefully shed some light on the situation. Keystone is in the same situation as all other brands with the Anderson Ultimate Hitch.

If I'm wrong and you have written approval by another brand for the Ultimate hitch, please share it.

Thank you.