View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #48
cjohnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11148
After reading this thread, I sent Keystone the following request via the web: "I have been reading about the need for additional bracing (MOR/ryde X-Factor) what is Keystone's position for the add-on?"

This is the reply I received today, from their service advisor: "I would like to warn you that Keystone does not recommend any modifications to your unit. Any modifications will not be warrantable, nor will damage incurred by the modification. With that said, you own the unit and if you feel that a modification is necessary, I would like you to be aware of what our warranty encompasses."

My 2011 3100RL suspension looks identical to the previous pictures posted. Just investigating to prevent future problems. There is obviously a lot of stress when making very sharp turns.

Also received this from MOR/ryde today: "I received your inquiry about the x-factor cross member that you need. How many you want to put in is completely up to you. If you are going to put only one on I recommend you put it in the center. One cross member will help add lateral rigidity to your frame on the trailer. 3 will give you plenty of added lateral rigidity which you will notice when you are maneuvering your vehicle. Whether you want one or three is really kind of dependent on how much you use your trailer and how you are using it. If you are using your trailer a lot and are constantly pulling into sites that require you to back into tight spots requiring tight turns, than you may want to consider 3 cross members as you are putting quite a bit of stress on your frame on a regular basis. If you are usually occupying pull through campsites that don’t require tight turns and backing up, you may only need one cross member. It certainly won’t hurt at all to put all three cross members on the unit."
It does not appear that Keystone and MOR/ryde communicate!
More that likely, I will have at least the center one installed.
cjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote