View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #45
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Update:

Woohooo! Just left Lazy Days in Seffner Florida and my rig is now the proud owner of an X-Factor on the equalizer boxes. Grand total of charges to me.....

$36.00!!!! The 36 bucks was due to some 'other' work I had done (stud that wouldn't torque up for me).

A couple of points....

Once again Keystone came through, supporting their product. Not sure the whole thing should ever have gone bad to begin with but when asked, they stepped up big time. So a big thanks to Keystone from me.

Here's another important reminder, for all who visit here, that I learned in this process. Don't rely on your dealer/servicer to deal all alone with keystone. The way the modern world of high tech customer service works is this. The servicer writes a service authorization request to keystone. At keystone, somebody looks up the requested work, as described, then goes to a flat rate manual and writes out an authorization back to the dealer. This is all taking place on computers with written 'descriptions' flying around like mosquitoes in a peat bog.

In my case the dealer submitted a work description with an hourly estimate that did not match up. The hours requested were something like three times what the flat rate manual predicted. Keystone told the servicer to go to the flat rate hours only, then call them for a conversation.

This was translated by the servicer, in a conversation to me, that Keystone only authorizes xyz hours. This was decidedly not true, but at that point I was apparently on the hook for $1200 of overage if the work proceeded.

I was not happy and got into the middle of the high tech mosquito messages. Turns out there was a lot of miscommunication in them thar' written messages and when I took charge of the messages it all smoothed out.

So get involved, be nice, and make sure everybody who is a part of the process is hearing the same song. This is a critically important part of the process and only you can be the force that makes that happen. Everybody else is trying to juggle sixteen things at a time and will pay the most attention to the person who helps them get it done.Keystone wants to get it right but they don't want to be stooges either.

One other thing is technical. The support that was delivered by Moryde looks exactly like the solid bar with flanged ends that somebody (sorry don't remember who the MOCer was) fabricated on their own. Strange that the Moryde literature is the two piece slotted channel iron. Maybe they aren't comfortable delivering a fixed length bar to anyone who isn't a dealer.
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote