View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have a 16K Husky/Valley hitch with a similar problem but different cause. I full-time and spend no more than 3 weeks at any one location. Part of my setup routine is that I remove my hitch from its bed rails so I can free up my truck bed for other hauling and just to save a few pounds of weight when not under tow.

I only see a problem when I try and reinstall the hitch onto the bed rails. It seems that the 4 legs that sit in the notches of the bed rails warp ever so slightly that I have jump onto the base to sit flush onto the bed rails so I can install the pins into their slots at each on the 4 legs. Otherwise the one leg of the hitch base sits too high preventing the locking pin from being inserted.

It's mostly a nuisance and I only bear with it since that's easier and cheaper than replacing it. It's worth whatever you can bear or live with. I bear and live with mine.

In my case it took a few years to "warp", but not enough for me to take action. I also do maintenance on my 11 year old hitch. Make sure you keep all the moving parts clean and lubed. I'm hoping that has helped.

You might also want to check if there is an adjustment needed.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote