View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 PM   #15
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
I have a 2010 Montana Mojntaineer 326RLT. The large slide on the driver's side has a dinette and a couch. Both 12V lights above them went out. I pulled the light fixtrures and texted for power and had no hot wire. Just left it that way for a while. Then I crawled under the driver's back side near the rear of that slide and was trying to tighten a bolt on the wrap around wall skirting where it attaches tot he frame. It was on the piece of wall that runs from the very back up to the slide about 24 to 30 inches. There is a metal spacer that closes off the front of this skirted area kinda looks like a big D.

There is a large plastic strip about 8 inches high and about 40 inches long that collapses when the slide closes and protects the electrical chords. One of the round accordian tubes that was in that strip had a piece of 14/2 romex in it and went into this D spacer. As I was pulling on the wall wrap I moved this D spacer and could see behind it. The accordian tube stopped as soon as it entered the D spacer. The romex continued for another 6 inches where it was spliced to another piece of romex with crimped connections. The wire was broken on one of the connections. No junction box, just out in the open in the wall wrap beside the frame.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote