View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 07:19 PM   #6
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
I believe 6 wheels gripping the road in a panic stop with a significant load on them will be far better than 4 wheels even with the same size brake rotors. The weight difference would be a full tank of fuel as apposed to a 1/4 tank of fuel along with a fat toad driver as apposed to an average weight driver or the difference between an Andersen hitch and a slider hitch weighing 240 lbs. Or an aux tank full of fuel and a generator in the back of the truck. I`ll stick with a dually any day.
I didn’t say a significant weight difference, in fact I said slightly worse. As for 4 wheels on the rear vs 2, the footprint will be the same if the weight is the same. Each of the dually wheels will have a much smaller contact patch than the SRW, total rubber on the road will be the same. I drove a dually for 10 years and about 175,000 miles. I can say unequivocally that it had the worst rear wheel traction of any vehicle I have ever owned.
Again, I will state, a one ton dually is the best truck for towing a 14,000lb+ trailer. It has an advantage in stability and payload, but not in traction.