View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 05:21 AM   #16
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
This was the first time we ever had someone try to take something. It started out that my mirror from my bike was missing. Cost $24.00. We knew it did not drop off traveling down the road because we carry the bike on the bed in the Monty. I knew it was there when we took it out. But you do not think the worse and decide it must have came off and I just did not hear or notice it. That was day 2 of our trip. Then the missing pin which now we feel was an attempt to take the Wineguard Portable. Geez.... to think we where at a camping rally! We definitely camped around a thief, maybe not a good one because a real thief would have cut the lock and snatched it. But still a thief! We where lucky and makes you smarter and more attentive. It drives you nuts to have to put locks and cables on everything you own and as said, a lock does not stop a real thief. You do all you can do and you've done your best.

I do not know why I am surprised. The week before we left my brother in law had his lawn mower and the trailer stolen from his driveway. The next am they where taking it to thier beach house. He had it locked but they just cut the lock and away they went. He lives in a really good area and development, his neighbors are really close by as most neighborhoods. Who would think someone would back in your driveway and steal the trailer and lawn mower? The bad new is it was his friends trailer. With this economy some people seem to be stealing for a living and it increases all our insurance rates.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote