Thread: New Montana!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome to the MOC bill and I'll take a shot at your question.

Quote:
quote:We have a '04 2500HD CC SB 4X4 D/A. I know I'll need a sliding hitch because of the short bed. I've been looking at the Pull Rite auto slide hitch, but the factory rep at the show says that's over-kill. According to him, the radius of the front cap of the Montana is such that I would only need to have the trailer in the rear position when backing at severe angles.
the factory rep at the show says that's over-kill. According to him, the radius of the front cap of the Montana is such that I would only need to have the trailer in the rear position when backing at severe angles.
I know Montana won't but ask that factory rep if he is going to pay to repair or replace the rear window or repair any damage done to the truck or trailer due to the fact you did not have the slider. If he says he will and is willing to put that in writting than get the hitch anyway. HE writes too many of those guarantees he won't be around long.

I have the 2500HD short bed with the PullRite SuperGlide and I would NOT want to be without it PERIOD In fact I also bought my Montana at an RV show Penna just over a year ago. At the time of sale I had the hitch thrown in as part of the deal. Since buying the rig and hitch we have been in 41 different campgrounds. Some were easy pull thrus or just backed it in without a hitch (pun intended) but a number of them with hard 90 degree turns. Not once did I have to concern myself as to whether or not the trailer was going to take out my rear window. Not once did I have to concern myself with forgetting to pull the handle to allow the hitch to slide.
Also it is not just in a campground you may get into the severe angle. Last April on country road I had to make a u-turn due to an accident up ahead blocking the road. I do not believe I would have made that u-turn without some sort of a slider and being I had the Superglide I didn't even have to give the manuver a thought.
Just the peace of mind that it is back there and it is doing it's job is all the reason I need to have the PullRite.
If your deal is not a "done deal" have them throw the PullRite in with the sale. They did it for me they'll do it for you or at least knock something off the price.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote