View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 10:53 AM   #28
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Well, I think we’re past the worst of it. Still some lingering issues.

Got our TV back last Thursday with the “all clear” from the shop. Took off that day. Stopped for fuel after a couple hours and noticed we were leaking fuel. Was running OK but decided to press on to get to our next site (still 3 hours a way with some mountain climbing in the mix). Truck eventually threw a check engine code. It was Fuel Rail Pressure. Messed around for about 45 minutes with that and was able to get a very small turn on a couple of fittings on top of the fuel rail. Seems to have stopped the leaking. But still getting the code. Tried to change the fuel filter but can’t get the cover off…sigh.

Anyway, as we were pulling into our next site we starting hearing a popping sound. We thought it was an exhaust leak. Next morning I was able to connect with a mobile tech who worked on diesels who was there in a hour. Not an exhaust leak. It was a broken push rod. Sigh…again. I called the shop who did the head gasket work. The owner decided to make the 5 1/2 hour drive down to us to fix it himself. He did and seems to have solved the problem. However, still throwing the Fuel code. Plus, now throwing a low tranny fluid code.

I had the tranny serviced a year ago and haven’t seen any signs of leaking but it was low. I’ve been managing that issue by topping it off at every stop. Fortunately it’s a slow leak so causing no damage. But still…when it rains it pours.

But we made it safely to AZ and enjoying warmer weather and plan to continue our trip back toward home in the next couple weeks. Either time for more truck time in the shop or a new truck. We’ll see…
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote