View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 05:40 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
When towing, your truck will continue to send a trickle charge to the trailer battery. The battery will continue to power the inverter which is powering the refrigerator. We have traveled a straight 16 to 20 hours with our Montana in the past and the refrigerator ran and maintained temperature the entire time and the battery was still charged enough I noticed no difference in the performance of the slide and electric jacks when I unhitched.

This happened April 2022 when we had to make a furious return home without warning. We just kept driving till we got home. The refrigerator and battery did just fine. I have 2 Lead Acid batteries in my Montana. Nothing special about them.

Remember, your truck is also keeping the camper battery charged too, so the chances of completely depleting your batteries to 50% by running the inverter and refrigerator in a 9-12 hour drive .... um ... I don't think you have anything to worry about. Hitch and go.

Now, once you reach your destination and unhitch, if you are NOT on shore power ... well, that's a different matter.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote