View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I know my Monty had Mission ST tires (not LT) when I bought it but I don't recall if they were D rated or E rated.

I did replace the Missions after the first separation of a tire on a road trip. While it did take a week for the new Goodyear Marathons I ordered (sorry Steve, I was not a member of the MOC yet, to make a different decision), I was fortunate that the dealer was able to make arrangements with me to replace all the tires on my rig, including the spare, AT THE CG so as not to inconvenience me (that was nice of them and lucky of me).

I don't have a bad story about Goodyears so I am happy with them so far, but I do have bad stories with Missions. I definitely have no experience with using LTs on a rig and while the letter corresponds to some information I read from the turn of the century and the letter is dated in 2002, it seems that LTs have made some progress since then. It has been almost 7 years.

Personally, I will probably stick to STs. But I will no longer argue with anyone wanting LTs if they are aware of what their decision yields. There are still many factors that will be factors for your tire experience, such as driving speed, good and bad tire care, climate, storage, availability, experience, tire usage, tire abuse, weight ratings, axle ratings, weight distribution, overloading, age, and luck (okay fate).

Thanks for the information Steve!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote