View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 07:40 AM   #29
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I tried to sketch up the fix described by Vet4jdc in post #5 above. A picture is worth a bunch of words.

My sketch is not to scale. I watched a few Montana factory tour videos to get an idea of what the framing might look like in that front section - but no guarantee it is accurate.

As previously stated - you can spend money and time and try to get a fix and legal justice from Camping World...or you can install this stitch plate and go camping.

The weak point in the fix (as I see it) is that you may not have much "meat" forward of the cut stud for the stitch plate to grab hold of. But if the plate is fully adhered (glued) to the inside wall of the camper plus the additional screws around the perimeter of the plate - the screws into the stud should be adequate. I am not sure if anyone mentioned screw length in the posts above, but I would probably use 1" long screws. This is the best cost effective and practical solution to keep you on the road.

I am not a structural engineer (I graduated "thanka-laude" in Construction Management from Texas A&M and I have worked in commercial construction for 42 years) and I did not do the calcs - but this looks to me to be the best common sense solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-18_7-34-22.png
Views:	64
Size:	668.4 KB
ID:	5811  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote