View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 04:01 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
James,
They routinely cut those holes, the placement is obviously higher than the stacked units, but other than that, you can drill it most anywhere there. You might want to miss the decal nearby. There is no stud, or divider anywhere around there. (On the 3400RL) probably not the others either, but I would check that.
You can look at the side of your unit in the mornings, weather permitting, and see the dew on it and tell where the studs are. I think I paid $19.00 for a Dewalt Hole saw at a hardware store, I wouldn't hook up and drive to the dealer for that. I like the Splendide chrome plated plastic vent, however there are many to choose from, aluminum and regular plastic that are much much cheaper. All are 4" holes, the plastic feed through fitting is slightly less, so it fits nicely.
Check the dimensions of all units to compare, it's a really tight fit.
I moved my 120 Volt outlet up the wall, as the plug is tight on all units, I don't know why they placed them down low at the factory -DUMB! You reading this at the factory??????
I need to come up there and straighten you out on a few things...........
They probably hate me by now.
Good luck James.
Ozz

'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
2 Golf Cart batteries 3,000 watt inverter, automatic transfer switch
Honda 2000 Generator, Maytag's with 220 Dryer
Stationary domed Sat. dish, LCD 12 Volt Amp gauge, LCD Tank Monitor
3 added 120 volt outlets, On Board Air; 12 Volt Viair 450C compressor
2006 Ford PSD 4x4 Off Road Lariat, Hadley Air Horns, Truck inverter with 110 volts: laptop, Color Backup camera, Firestone air bags,Husky air ride roller hitch, Awning lock
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote