View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #31
tidwellfarms

M.O.C. #11315
After spending over $1000 through the years replacing microwave ovens, fireplaces, Power cords, etc. I decided to "invest" in a surge protector. We had the camper hooked up for football season (3 months), when we finished up and were breaking camp to take the camper home, I couldn't get the power cord unplugged from the trailer???? Apparently, a poor connection at the trailer effectively caused excess current and "welded" to plug internally. Once I got home I had to replace the power cord and plug on the camper. The two items are still connected and won't come apart. So the issues are not always CG related. The first thing I discovered was when I plugged my surge protector into my 50 amp connection at my barn at home, it showed an open ground. Long story short, I know, too late, I found there was a wasp nest inside my junction box on the barn that was causing this. Small holes in the back of the box, easy access for wasps. After removing the nest and plugging the holes all is good.

Bottom line... I won't ever be without one again, but as usual it is up to the individual.
tidwellfarms is offline   Reply With Quote