Thread: awnings
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I have the same rig and have not experienced anything like that. One thing I will point out though is that when you are letting the awning retract (roll up) the location of the black strap is important. It should be in the center of the awning roller (I have to hold the roller after switching the roller direction and walk the black strap to the middle). I did have on instance when the awning rolled up a little uneven and had about a 1/2" slack area at the front of the rig. This is particularly hazardous since the wind can catch it and unfurl the awning when the rig is in motion. To remedy it, I extended the awning again and when retracting I walked the black roll-up strap a little farther towards the door and the difference in tension to the roller tightened up the front to where it was evenly taut on both ends. This tells me that the location you are holding the strap when retracting is important to insure that the awning rolls up evenly and straight. Hope this helps.
Bingo
on edit: And WELCOME to the forum!!!

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote