View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 08:36 AM   #1
ThisIsMyUserName

M.O.C. #33867
Dometic furnance DEMD30111

I installed this furnace in an older RV 12 months ago as the original Atwood furnace is no longer in production. This was dometics direct replacement.

The furnace ran great up until a few days ago, and it was only used during the very short Cali winter.

What it’s doing,
Starting up, fan working, it fires, and stays lit from anywhere from 1 second to several minutes doing this several times over. It eventually turns off and then repeats this process. It is giving no indication of fault via the circuit boards lights so I’ve been left to my own devices as to figuring this out.

What I’ve done/checked
-vents are not restricted and have good air flow
-I replaced the regulator even though I didn’t think that was the problem as all other appliances worked great. Strong blue flames.
-The propane tanks are full and new. And I’ve tried several.
-the sail switch was a little dusty, it got cleaned and I tested continuity.
-the burner was cleaned with a torch and a wire brush
- the spacing on the igniter is still at factory spacing and I do not know specifically what it is. I did take it off when cleaning the burner, was very careful with it so as not to bend it, and put it back on.
-power is good on batteries.

TheRV hasn’t moved in 3 years and has been parked in the same spot under a tent carport with sides and 5 foot clearance from wall. I believe the potential for moisture to have damaged circuit board to be very unlikely but always possible.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

-Cold Electrician
ThisIsMyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote