View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 04:21 AM   #16
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Thanks for all the wonderful greetings! I feel like I've just acquired a brand new, warm, fuzzy family!

I've been singing since I was in grade school. I'm not one of those that dares sing solo though... I'm a harmony person. In barbershop... which is my current venue, the scale goes from top, high notes (tenor), to middle (lead or melody line), to bottom (bass) with the leftover notes going to a part called baritone. I'm currently a bass (for the ladies, we sing the low part, 8 notes higher than written in the music). Any of the ladies out there, who think they can sing a few notes can give it a try. I'll bring my book of tags (that's the end part of a song) and my keyboard. We can have a good time trying, anyway! It's always a lot of fun to get a bunch of gals together and group them (makes everyone feel more secure) into parts and sing tags. It might sound awful... but it's usually a lot of giggling fun.

As for the bird... she really a sweetheart but she gets pretty obnoxious around Rich. Now and then she'll let him pet her on the head or back.. but most of the time she glares at him and if he gets too close to me she lunges out and tries to take a chunk out of him. So far she's gotten him 3 times (and still lives to squawk about it!) She travels with us all the time, except for the upcoming FCRV international rally in Blythe, Ontario in July. (No birds across the border). I had to give up my recliner in the Monty so her cage would have someplace to reside ::out!::: By the way, she couldn't gossip if she wanted to.. her vocabular is quite small (don't some of you guys wish we ladies were birds??? The hens don't talk anywhere NEAR as much as the males do!)

There are 2 reasons I'm smiling like I am: 1.) brand new Montana (of course!) 2.)I get to retire in 173 calendar days (108 working days... subject to change when I take a well deserved "I can't stand it, anymore" day off. The idea of not working all weekends, midnight shifts, afternoon shifts, and nearly all the holidays is just bringing me all sorts of never-before-experienced joy. I feel like a high school kid who is finally getting to graduate.. "they're finally going to let me out of this place!!!"

Dave, better watch yourself... I'll tattle on you ... nyah, nhah.

Hey, what kind of crafters do we have? I know a lot of different types of crafts but always willing to learn new. Cooking? My nose is usually in a book... can't boil water without instructions.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote