View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #62
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
A good post & perspective!
I don't hunt anymore but do carry when hiking in remote areas or when I feel the need to do so.
I don't have the agility I once had and don't cast as imposing a demeanor as I once did. For me, it is a small comfort with all the bad guys out there that will do bad things to you & loved ones for the price of a pack of cigarettes.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Just a observation,I have been handling firearms since I was 14 and that would be 62 years ago.In NW PA guns were everywhere. There was always a firearm in our home.We used them for hunting, turkey shoots, sport shooting.Carried a 22 revolver when checking our trap lines.We never thought about carrying one for self defense or personal protection...never.It was not a issue.Only is the last 20 years or so and more so in the last 10 years or so has the self defense, personal protection issue come up. I still have a problem convincing myself I need to carry a firearm even though I have the CC permit. I do see society as more violent because the media tells me so every day.Then we have tragedies like the last few days and the media just can't let it go. Knowing that there are mental cases out there looking for their 15 mins of fame or in this case one week of fame makes me nervous and I find myself carrying everywhere and avoiding crowded places. This is just nuts.Don't know what scares me more the nut with a gun or the media.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote