View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 06:00 AM   #4
James D. Wiggins

M.O.C. #18663
Well, it seems that not many folks have had this problem. As I mentioned above I had tried evening the awning on the spool and that had no effect. I think the problem is that the awning is not even at the base. It is more centered to the right. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems that because of this it would cause the arms to pull to the right.

Without pictures (which I do have), I at least temporarily solved the problem by extending the awning about 2 feet and tying a 15' nylon strap near the top of the arm then hooking it onto my Polaris Ranger's roll bar. With foot on the brake I eased back with the Ranger to put a taut strain on the arms (pulling it in the direction that it needed in order to house into the frame) and being very careful to not do damage to the arms or mounting. I then grabbed the nylon strap and put more gentle pressure on it to move the arms back to a vertical position. It now houses perfectly but I am afraid that because of the offset at the base it will soon cause the arms to have a slight bend again. I have no idea how I can center the awning at the base mount. I know I can't budge it by hand. Appreciate any suggestions.
James D. Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote