View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 04:58 PM   #3
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
Have you washed or even better replaced the filters in the return grilles? Have you cleaned the coils on the roof top units? I've never used them, but you can cut the reflective foil/bubble insulation to fit windows and place it in the west facing windows. Lowering the blinds will as mentioned help, but the foil insulation keeps most all the solar gain outside.

If I'm camping in hot weather, the first thing I do after parking is open a couple of windows and turn the exhaust fans on along with the AC. The cold air coming out of the vents is much heavier and will mostly sink to lower in the coach. I only do this for about 10 minutes or so and turn the exhaust fans off. I've ordered an oscillating fan (Dyson clone) hopefully that will help some too. As mentioned before, refrain using any heat producing appliances indoors.

A quick and maybe not precise way to test your AC is take a BBQ thermometer and put the probe in one of the supply vents after the AC has been running for 10 minutes or so, take another reading at a return grille. If the AC is lowering the temp by somewhere between 18-22 degrees, it's working good.

Bear in mind that an AC works much better maintaining a temperature than rapid cool down. Realistically, a temperature drop of 2-3 degrees per hour is good. Unless you're on solar, a generator, or a metered camp site, never raise the set point if you're going to be away for a while.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote