View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 07:32 AM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
First, from AZ, Sequoia is first, then Yosemite, then Lake Tahoe is way north.

I belong to 1000 Trails and stay at "Yosemite Lakes" which is only 5 miles from the park entrance off hwy 120 and about 25 miles from the valley floor which is pretty much where all the familiar scenery is located. I believe that 1000 Trails RV Park allows non-member reservations but they probably fill up fast. Unfortunately it's a long drive to Sequoia. I've only tent camped around Sequoia so I can't help there other than to note the many attractions there require driving to each one.

I would highly recommend trying to locate a place close to Sequoia for a few days, then move to someplace closer to Yosemite for another few days for that area. Trying to traverse to either place from a central location would be wasted in a lot of slow curvy, fuel-sucking, time-wasting driving and leave little time to visit a particular attraction.

Reserve early! These places fill up FAST no matter what the quality! You'd be surprised what you might end up with and with a large trailer you'll find lots of places that CANNOT accommodate you (and they'll say they can). I'll warn you that they are mostly interested with filling their campgrounds and since many campground employees (especially those that take reservations) aren't familiar with RV parking and driving, they'll think you know what to do in all cases and I can't tell you how many were surprised when they got there.

Note! I'll re-emphasize that maps might make things look close and easy, but these two locations are hours and miles apart from each other in the real world. Then add the potential crowds and traffic and you should get the idea. Getting past that, the scenery, the wonderment and those memories will last a lifetime. Then there's the long drive to Lake Tahoe.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote