View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #26
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Before I say anything else, let me state I have a Chihuahua that we love and have made a lot of accommodations for (no carpet for instance). He is NOT perfect, he barks when he shouldn't and growls at much larger dogs sometimes. Despite the fact that he is only 5 lbs we treat him like a potentially aggressive animal. We love OUR dog but understand others don't (it isn't THEIR dog)!

He is OUR dog. We do our very best not to allow him to be a PEST to other humans! I don't care what kind of dog you own it is YOUR dog. You should do everything you can to make sure it is not a PEST to other humans!! Not everyone likes dogs. Most folks don't want someone else's dog approaching them! Especially one they don't know. Dogs can be unpredictable, even the best behaved can become aggressive for an unknown reason.

The real reason we have to deal with campground rules is some folks obviously don't get it! If you want more restrictive rules just keep trying to flaunt the current ones!!

Keep YOUR dog to YOURSELF and keep them quite!! PERIOD! Keep it on a leash anytime it is out of a pen! DO NOT ALLOW IT TO APPROACH OTHERS!!! If your walking your dog for goodness sakes don't approach other people unless they are ok with it!! And even then keep the dog on a very tight leash! Especially if the dog is large enough to do serious injury. The ONLY exception to this is if you have long term neighbors that also have dogs and you have talked to them about the dogs playing together.

As an analogy: the reason we have such restrictive smoking rules these days is because some idiots thought it was ok to smoke in enclosed areas like elevators and small rooms with no respect for others. When we asked them not too they didn't take the hint....

You want all parks to start saying no dogs period? Just keep trying to get around the rules and disrespecting other people!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote