Thread: Black tank info
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #49
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Picked up our late 2006 3400RL yesterday after getting the black tank replaced. $742.00. A tension filled session about this and other issues. Underbelly black panel was cut in two places to get it off to get to the tank. First observation, the dealer hadn't taped up the cuts or resealed the pipe holes with foam caulking. Insulation was probably cut as well and not repaired. Had them tape the cuts and add the foam caulking. Had asked for them to save the old tank so I could see it and take pictures of the crack. The tank I was shown was set against the curb and a pickup with a receiver hitch equalizer bracket mounted in it had backed into the tank and had totally crushed it. That really upset me but.... what can I do about it. Disgusting. and really frustrating. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about this bit of idiocy. The conclusions I have drawn aren't publishable on this list. We are now test camping within 2 miles of the dealer to see if there are any leaks or problems with this replacement tank. So far so good. I'm still very discouraged that every time we have to get another thing fixed it is always a hassle and ends up in some kind of disappointment.

I am truly hoping we won't have any more major issues to deal with for awhile. The major issues have seemed to be continuous and as a result the little stuff gets blown out of proportion. The Dometic Recall was taken care of the same time. Apollo oven carousel drive still unfixed. Dealer says they can't get repair parts and are not certified to make repairs to Apollo 1/2 time ovens, only complete replacements. And Pigs don't fly! Oh well, I'm well on the way of getting the parts directly from Midwest Sales to repair it myself. Sooner or later we will get to spend some time in the RV w/o new problems or failures popping up. I've got my fingers crossed.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote